Friday, July 28, 2017

Abdul Baha slapped him in the ear, lifted him and threw him down from the height of the building.

One day I (Abdul Baha) was sitting in the house's veranda and saw that the Mufti and another person came and said, "Do you have extra chairs?" I replied, "Yes." They came and sat. After some discussion, with reference [to the situation], they conveyed, "It is best to give us some money so we would conclude this affair." I did not heed them. He said, "At any event, I have rented this house."

With great determination, the investigators began to investigate the situation. One day I saw that one of them had come, knocking on the door. I did not wish to receive him. He cried out, "I have a critical matter to discuss." They opened the door. He came in, sat and after some discussions said, "If you give some money, this affair will conclude." I said to him, "Your purpose was then money. Why did you not say sooner? Wait and I will go bring money."

I went and performed My ablutions and stood for obligatory prayer. Afterwards, I recited prayers. He was in a hurry and I was protracting [My meditations].

At the end, I said to him, "I have sent the money." He inquired, "With whom did you send it?" I replied, "Stand up!" Then slapped him in the ear, lifted him and threw him down from the height of the building.


With Abdu'l-Bahá: The Diary of Mirza 'Isa Khan Isfahani by Mirza `Isa Khan Isfahani translated and edited by Ahang Rabbani.

https://bahai-library.com/isfahani_rabbani_with_abdul-baha#17

Share this


0 Comments

Popular posts